Japan ’s certification for radio frequency equipment is called Radio Equipment Type Approval. The official regulatory agency is Japan ’s Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC). The main certification body is TELEC (Telecom Engineering Center) designated by MIC. / JQA / SGS / ITS / TUV / UL has a total of 12 certification agencies, so it is also commonly known as TELEC certification, also known as MIC certification, RF certification, GITEKI certification, technology adaptation certification, similar to domestic SRRC certification.
TELEC certification complies with the Radio Law of Japan, and the specific test specifications are in compliance with MIC (Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications) Notice No. 88 regulations. According to the requirements of the Japanese Radio Law, the production, sale, and operation of wireless equipment in Japan must comply with the technical regulations approved by the MIC, and it is mandatory to apply for a type approval certificate for radio equipment (ie, TELEC certification). The full name of Japan ’s TELEC is TELECom Engineering Center. It is a certification agency for the Radio Law approved by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications. In 2014, TELEC also obtained the certification of the Electrical Communications Business Law. Now, in general terms, TELEC certification is equivalent to GITEKI certification .
Applicable product range
TELEC certification for wireless RF products includes: Bluetooth products, ZigBee products, telemeters, WiFi products, wireless microphones, pagers, LTE · RFID (2.4GHz, 920MHz) products, UWB radio systems, GSM products, etc. application process
- Fill in the application form, prepare materials and samples
- The inspection agency reviews the data and initially tests the samples
- The testing agency formally applies to the agency accredited by the MIC of the General Affairs Department.
- Institutional review documents
- Sample test, provide test report (can be tested by authorized laboratory)
- After the documents and test reports are passed, the Japanese MIC issues a certificate
- Technical model specification table
- Quality Management System Statement
- Quality control confirmation method or manufacturer's ISO 9001 certificate
- Confirmation Letter of Construction Guarantee
- Rated power statement
- Antenna report
- Test report (including test results, test setup photos and inspections performed)
- Block diagram, schematic diagram, bill of materials, parts placement, IC data sheet, internal and external photos, product description, user manual, operation / technical description, accessories description
- Label information (label position, label content)
- If you act as an agent or authorized representative, the manufacturer also needs a letter of attorney / authorization letter
You can find the PDF version of the certificate here.