1-Wire Temperature Sensors
Introduction to the product
One of the implemented features for fleet management devices is 1-Wire data protocol, which enables connection of temperature sensors. It is a perfect accessory for temperature monitoring.
1-Wire temperature sensors is a great addition for your fleet management trackers in the following use cases:
- Thermostatic controls – maintain temperature near a desired set point.
- Thermally sensitive system – receive alerts when temperature enters or leaves pre-defined value.
- Consumer products – be assured that goods which you are delivering will maintain high quality.
- Stainless Steel Tube
- 1-Wire Interface
- Unique 64-Bit Serial Code
- ±0.5°C Accuracy from -10°C to +85°C
- No External Components Required
- Stripped & Tinned Terminal
- Can be Powered from Data Line (parasitic connection)
- Power Supply Range: 3.0V to 5.5V
- Temperature Range: -55°C to 125°C (-67°F to +257°F)
- 8 meters cable length
To connect the 1-wire temperature sensor you have to make sure to connect 3 PINs of the sensor to the PINs of your device correctly.
Up to 4 sensors can be connected to our devices simultaneously.
|PIN NUMBER||PIN NAME||
|1||1-wire Data||Outputs temperature data via 1-Wire interface|
|2||1-wire Power||Power supply for the sensor (can be left disconnected in parasitic connection)|
The device reads the sensor data automatically after the sensors are connect, however the I/O elements are disabled by default to save data. To receive data to server, make sure that the appropriate I/O elements(Dallas Temperature # / Dallas Temperature ID #) are enabled.
First ID is the sensor that is connected first, that can be changed from software side without disconnecting the sensors. It can be done by navigating to 1-Wire section and assigning the IDs of the sensors in your desired order.