1-Wire Temperature Sensors
Introduction to the product
One of the implemented features for fleet management devices is a 1-Wire data protocol, which enables the connection of temperature sensors. It is a perfect accessory for temperature monitoring.
1-Wire temperature sensors is a great addition for your fleet management trackers in the following use cases:
- Thermostatic controls – maintain temperature near a desired set point.
- Thermally sensitive system – receive alerts when temperature enters or leaves pre-defined value.
- Consumer products – be assured that the goods which you are delivering will maintain high quality.
- Stainless Steel Tube
- 1-Wire Interface
- Unique 64-Bit Serial Code
- ±0.5°C Accuracy from -10°C to +85°C
- No External Components Required
- Stripped & Tinned Terminal
- Can be Powered from Data Line (parasitic connection)
- Power Supply Range: 3.0V to 5.5V
- Temperature Range: -55°C to 125°C (-67°F to +257°F)
- 8 meters cable length
To connect the 1-wire temperature sensor you have to make sure to connect 3 PINs of the sensor to the PINs of your device correctly.
Up to 4 sensors can be connected to our devices simultaneously.
|PIN NUMBER||PIN NAME||
|1||1-wire Data||Outputs temperature data via 1-Wire interface|
|2||1-wire Power||Power supply for the sensor (can be left disconnected in parasitic connection)|
The device reads the sensor data automatically after the sensors are connected, however, the I/O elements are disabled by default to save data. To receive data to the server, make sure that the appropriate I/O elements(Dallas Temperature # / Dallas Temperature ID #) are enabled.
The first ID is the sensor that is connected first, which can be changed from the software side without disconnecting the sensors. It can be done by navigating to the 1-Wire section and assigning the IDs of the sensors in your desired order.