1-Wire iButton Reader
Introduction to the product[edit | edit source]
One of the implemented features for fleet management devices is 1-Wire data protocol, which can be used for iButton reading. It is the most straight-forward way to implement driver authorization in your vehicles.
1-Wire iButton readers are great in these use cases:
- Immobilizer - prevent anyone from starting the vehicle without scanning an iButton first.
- Authorized driving - keep track of who is driving your vehicle according to the iButton ID they use to authenticate themselves.
- 1-Wire Interface
- Wiring - White wire = 1-wire signal, Brown wire = Ground
- Case material - Plastic (polyacetal)
- Ring material Ferrite steel with chrome plating
- Signal joint material Brass with chrome plating
- Wire dimensions 2 wires Ø 0,25 mm2, 40 cm length
- Fastening method M12 screw
- Operating temperature From -40 ºC to +85 ºC
- Operating humidity Up to 70%
Installation[edit | edit source]
To connect the 1-wire iButton reader, simply connect the 1-Wire Signal wire from the reader to the 1-Wire Data pin on the device, and connect the ground wire to the same grounding used for the device.
|PIN NUMBER||PIN NAME||
|1||1-wire Data (Dallas Data)||Sends iButton ID|
Device configuration[edit | edit source]
The reader works as soon as it is connected, but the iButton isn't used anywhere other than displayed in the iButton I/O element. In order to use it for the Immobilizer scenario, the device must have the scenario enabled. Then, iButton check can be enabled to only accept iButtons specified in the iButton list under the 1-Wire tab.