FMB020 SMS/Call settings
SMS Data Sending
These settings allow sending AVL data using binary SMS. AVL data will be sent by SMS only when there is no GPRS connection. This setting does not affect replies to SMS request messages – answers are always sent back to the sender's telephone number. If SMS events are activated but there are no numbers defined in GSM Predefined Numbers list then the device will not send any messages.
Essential fields in SMS/Call settings are Login and Password. The login and password are used with every SMS sent to FMB020. If login and password are not set, in every SMS sent to FMB020 device two spaces before command have to be used (<space><space><command>).
Command structure with set login and password:
<login><space><password><space><command>, for example: "asd 123 getgps"
Phone numbers have to be written in international standard, using "+" is optional but not necessary (in both cases number will be recognized, but when number is without "+" symbol, IDD Prefix will not be generated, which depends on location of the phone). If no numbers are entered, configuration and sending commands over SMS are allowed from all GSM numbers.
Incoming Call settings
Incoming Call Action parameter defines device action during the incoming call:
- Do Nothing.
- Hang-up – Automatically hang up an incoming call.
- Report Position – Report position to calling number via SMS.
- Auto Answer (HF) – Auto answer an incoming call if device is paired with a hands-free kit.
- Authorized Numbers - Configuration of Authrorized Numbers indication scenario.
- GSM Predefined Numbers.
Hands-Free Call settings
When FMB020 is connected to a hands-free headset, it can call to user defined GSM numbers.
Outgoing Call Trigger parameter determines which event will trigger a call. FMB020 supports two call trigger settings:
- None selected – disables call trigger functionality.
- Crash Event – crash event triggers a call to user selected GSM number.