FMB204 SMS/Call settings
SMS Data Sending[edit source]
These settings allow sending AVL data using binary SMS. AVL data will be sent by SMS only when there is no GPRS connection. This setting does not affect replies to SMS request messages – answers are always sent back to the sender's telephone number.
SMS commands[edit source]
Essential fields in SMS/Call settings are Login and Password. The login and password are used with every SMS sent to FMB204. If login and password are not set, in every SMS sent to FMB204 device two spaces before command have to be used (<space><space><command>).
Command structure with set login and password:
<login><space><password><space><command>, for example: "asd 123 getgps"
Phone numbers have to be written in international standard, using "+" is optional but not necessary (in both cases number will be recognized, but when number is without "+" symbol, IDD Prefix will not be generated, which depends on location of the phone). If no numbers are entered, configuration and sending commands over SMS are allowed from all GSM numbers.
Incoming Call settings
Incoming Call Action parameter defines device action during the incoming call:
- Do Nothing.
- Hang-up – Automatically hang up an incoming call.
- Report Position – Report position to calling number via SMS.
- Auto Answer (HF) – Auto answer an incoming call if device is paired with a hands-free kit.
Hands-Free Call settings
When FMB204 is connected to a hands-free headset, it can call to user defined GSM numbers.
Outgoing Call Trigger parameter determines which event will trigger a call. FMB204 supports eight call trigger settings:
- None selected – disables call trigger functionality.
- DIN1 – first digital input event triggers a call to user selected GSM number.
- Crash Event – crash event triggers a call to user selected GSM number.
- DIN1 and Crash Event – both events trigger a call to user selected GSM number.
- DIN2 – second digital input event triggers a call to user selected GSM number.
- DIN1 and DIN2 Event – both events trigger a call to user selected GSM number.
- DIN2 and Crash Event – both events trigger a call to user selected GSM number.
- DIN1, DIN2 and Crash Event – all events trigger a call to user selected GSM number.
FMB204 works in synchronized GPS time which is UTC+0, with this option customers can configure the time zone and get SMS messages with the correct time.