The Integrated Tariff of the Republic of Lithuania (LITAR) code is the initial eight-digit code used to uniquely identify the set of information on EU tariff measures and national taxes as well as some import and export restrictions and prohibitions.
Description[edit | edit source]
LITAR is an instrument intended for the search of the EU tariff and some non-tariff information as well as information on national tax (excise and VAT) rates; however, a computerized database is not a legislative act, therefore LITAR itself does not have the status of a legal instrument. In order to explore customs duties and other taxes as well as conditions of their implementation, you should find out a relevant legislation (EC regulation, Excise or VAT Law of the Republic of Lithuania, etc.). Data collected by LITAR:
- Combined Nomenclature data (chapters, headings, subheadings, preliminary provisions of the Combined Nomenclature, chapter and chapter notes, subheading notes and additional notes);
- Explanatory Notes to the Combined Nomenclature;
- TARIC subheadings and lists, additional commodity codes and lists thereof;
- Details of any additional units of measurement applicable to the goods, together with their specifications and descriptions;
- Details of prohibitions and restrictions on goods, customs and tax rates, and export refund opportunities;
- Country codes, names, country group codes;
- Document codes and their lists;
- Data on tariff quotas (tariff quota numbers, periods of validity, quantities, balances, statuses);
- Alphabetical index of goods for classification of goods;
- Validity periods for all of the above.
LITAR code for FM units[edit | edit source]
LITAR code is using the same for all FM units (FM, FMB, FMC, FMM, FMU family and FMT100, MTB100 devices). The code is 85269180.