FTC921 First Start
Small and smart tracker
HOW TO INSERT MICRO-SIM CARD AND CONNECT THE BATTERY
- Gently remove FTC921 cover using plastic pry tool from one side.
- Gently remove FTC921 cover using plastic pry tool from another side.
- Insert Nano-SIM card as shown. Make sure that Nano-SIM card cut-off corner is pointing forward to slot.
- Connect the battery as shown on device. Position the battery in place where it does not obstruct other components.
- Attach device cover back. Device is ready to be connected.
|Nano-SIM card insertion/removal must be performed when device is powered off – external voltage and internal battery disconnected. Otherwise Nano-SIM card might be damaged or device will not detect it.|
PC CONNECTION (WINDOWS)
1. Power- up FTC921 with DC voltage (10-90V) power supply using power wires. LEDs should start blinking.
2. Connect device to computer using Micro-USB cable and install USB driver, see “How to install USB drivers (Windows)1”
HOW TO INSTALL USB DRIVERS (WINDOWS)
1. Please download COM port drivers from here.
2. Extract and run TeltonikaCOMDriver.exe.
3. Click Next in driver installation window.
4. In the following window click Install button.
5. Setup will continue installing the driver and eventually the confirmation window will appear. Click Finish to complete the setup.
At first FTC921 device will have default factory settings set. These settings should be changed according to the user's needs. Main configuration can be performed via Teltonika Configurator tool (TCT).
• Locate the battery in your vehicle. If present remove the battery cover to access the battery.
• There is a double sided tape on the back of the device, use it to attach the device on the battery, so that the GNSS antenna and LEDs indicators are facing up.
CONNECTING POWER SOURCE
• Device power wire is designed to be directly connected to the positive terminal fastener of the vehicle battery.
CONNECTING GROUND WIRE
• Connect ground wire to the vehicle frame or metal parts that are fixed to the frame.
• If the wire is fixed with the bolt, the loop must be connected to the end of the wire.
• Device ground wire is designed to be directly connected to the negative terminal fastener of the vehicle battery.