How to connect Bluetooth Hands Free adapter to FMB device
How to connect Bluetooth® Hands Free adapter to FMB device
Solution applies for these FM devices
If you are not using Bluetooth®, please consider turning it off or change Bluetooth® PIN to remove potential risks.
If you are using Bluetooth® we strongly recommend using AES encryption for enhanced security.
Bluetooth® settings configuration
These are instructions on how to easily create a connection between a Bluetooth® Hands-Free device and FMB device. First the FMB device Bluetooth® settings need to be configured. These are the required steps:
- Press Bluetooth® settings.
- Turn on BT Radio by pressing Enable (visible). Local name will be "FMB1YX_last 7 imei digits" by default, which can be changed.
- Set Security Mode to PIN only or None. PIN + MAC list or MAC list only security modes could also be selected, but in that case external device MAC address is required to be entered to Authorized Devices MAC List.
- Set connection mode to Hands Free.
- Set External Name as your hands-free device name for proper identification. In the given example hands-free headset name is "DMH10" but at least 2 characters are required to recognize it and connect to it. For better and quicker adapter identification on the network, you could enter a full device name. You could check your hands-free adapter Bluetooth® name by scanning nearby Bluetooth® devices using a mobile phone or a computer with a Bluetooth® adapter.
- Go to SMS/Call Settings in main menu and set Incoming Call Action to Do Nothing as shown on next figure.
- After all these steps press Save to device to save configuration.
- Now FMB device can be disconnected from the configurator.
Connecting Bluetooth® Hands Free adapter
Turn on the hands-free device and then turn on its Bluetooth® connection for pairing following your model instructions. A hands-free adapter should make a specific sound in the speakers or its LED identification should inform about a successful connection. To check if the adapter is successfully connected, dial the FMB device phone number and the hands-free device should start ringing. If you later restart FMB device it will automatically reconnect to this adapter.