How to debug FMB device over Android smartphone?
Solution applies for these FM devices[edit | edit source]
Pair and connect device[edit | edit source]
Bluetooth starts automatically when FMB device is on. Take your mobile phone, go to Settings->Bluetooth and turn it on. Scan for nearby devices, find the device in the list, distinguish the device by last IMEI digits on device module. Press pair, wait until device asks to enter pairing password, type: "5555" (as in the example on the figure). Paired device will show up in the paired device list. Download a terminal for Bluetooth e.g. BlueTerm from Play Store/App store. Run app, click Find->Connect to your paired device. Now we need to send a command to FMB from Bluetooth terminal, type: ".log:1"
Device will respond with "Debug enabled" and FMB1YX log will show up. Do not forget to save the log file to mobile phone.
Device debug over Android smartphone[edit | edit source]
In order to pair FMB device with Android smartphone, make sure that BT radio is enabled (visible) in device configuration. It can be checked via SMS command too:
The answer has to be "2", which means "Enabled and visible".
- Scan for visible BT devices using your Android smartphone and connect to your FMB device.
Default FMB BT name is: "FMB1YX_last_7_imei_digits".
Default PIN code is: "5555".
- Download "Bluetooth Terminal" application. Following link can be used: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hatflabs.btt
- Run "Bluetooth Terminal", in menu press "Connect" and select paired FMB device. To start log check "CR" and enter the command into terminal: ".log:1".
- Wait ~10 minutes and press "Save" button in menu. You will find the saved log file in device folder "My Files/Bluetooth Terminal", select log files, press "Share via Email" and send them to Teltonika support.
- You can turn logging off again by entering the command ".log:0" into the terminal
|Unfortunately it is not possible to perform debug the same way on iPhone, because there is no native SPP Bluetooth profile support on iPhone.|