Template:MTB100 Mounting recommendations
- Connecting wires
- Wires should be fastened to the other wires or non-moving parts. Try to avoid heat emitting and moving objects near the wires.
- The connections should not be seen very clearly. If factory isolation was removed while connecting wires, it should be applied again.
- If the wires are placed in the exterior or in places where they can be damaged or exposed to heat, humidity, dirt, etc., additional isolation should be applied.
- Wires cannot be connected to the board computers or control units.
- Connecting power source
- Be sure that after the car computer falls asleep, power is still available on chosen wire. Depending on car, this may happen in 5 to 30 minutes period.
- When module is connected, measure voltage again to make sure it did not decrease.
- It is recommended to connect to the main power cable in the fuse box.
- Use 3A, 125V external fuse.
- Connecting ignition wire
- Be sure to check if it is a real ignition wire i. e. power does not disappear after starting the engine.
- Check if this is not an ACC wire (when key is in the first position, most of the vehicle electronics are available).
- Check if power is still available when you turn off any of vehicles devices.
- Ignition is connected to the ignition relay output. As alternative, any other relay, which has power output when ignition is on, may be chosen.
- Connecting ground wire
- Ground wire is connected to the vehicle frame or metal parts that are fixed to the frame.
- If the wire is fixed with the bolt, the loop must be connected to the end of the wire.
- For better contact scrub paint from the spot where loop is going to be connected.
|PAY ATTENTION! Connecting the power supply must be carried out in a very low impedance point of on-board vehicle network. These points in the car are the battery terminals. Therefore, we recommend connecting the power of MTB100 (GND and POWER wires) directly to the battery terminals. Another valid option is to connect the wires to the main POWER cable inside the fuse box (if there is none, then to the power supply where the fuses of vehicle’s computer are), GND wire must be connected in a special point, designed to connect GND vehicle computer. Connecting the GND at an arbitrary point to the mass of the car is unacceptable, as static and dynamic potentials on the line GND will be unpredictable, which can lead to unstable MTB100 operation and even its failure.|
This message contains information on how to operate MTB100 safely. By following these requirements and recommendations, you will avoid dangerous situations. You must read these instructions carefully and follow them strictly before operating the device!
- The device uses SELV limited power source. The nominal voltage is +12 V DC. The allowed voltage range is +6..+30 V DC.
- To avoid mechanical damage, it is advised to transport the device in an impact-proof package. Before usage, the device should be placed so that its LED indicators are visible. They show the status of device operation.
- When connecting the connection (1x5) cables to the vehicle, the appropriate jumpers of the power supply of the vehicle should be disconnected.
- Before dismounting the device from the vehicle, the 1x5 connection must be disconnected.
- The device is designed to be mounted in a zone of limited access, which is inaccessible to the operator. All related devices must meet the requirements of EN 60950-1 standard.
- The device MTB100 is not designed as a navigational device for boats.