Template:FM3001 Blue-tooth settings
From Wiki Knowledge Base | Teltonika GPS
General functionality configures Blue-tooth to work in slave mode. This mode allows any external device to connect to FM3001.
Parameter BT Radio allows enabling or disabling Blue-tooth. There are three different settings:
- Disabled – Blue-tooth functionality will be disabled.
- Enable (hidden) – Blue-tooth functionality will be enabled, external devices will be able to connect to FM3001, but no devices will be able to detect it.
- Enable (visible) – Blue-tooth functionality will be enabled and any external device will be able to detect and connect to FM3001.
Local Name parameter lets user declare a visible name of FM3001 to external devices.
Local PIN parameter lets user configure Blue-tooth PIN of FM3001 device.
FM3001 Blue-tooth has several different Security Modes:
- PIN only – only Local PIN will be reacquired to complete connection to FM3001.
- PIN + MAC list – PIN and Authorized Devices MAC List will be checked against to allow connection to FM3001. If the external device MAC ID is in the list and correct Local PIN is entered then connection will be established, otherwise FM3001 will reject connection.
- MAC list only – only Authorized Devices MAC List will be checked when trying to connect to FM3001. If external device MAC ID is in the list then connection will be established, otherwise FM3001 will reject connection.
- None – neither Local PIN nor Authorized Device MAC List will be checked.
Auto connection functionality configures FM3001 as master device, which allows connecting FM3001 to an external device. FM3001 currently supports these modes:
- None – disables auto connection functionality.
- Data Link – BT Data link mode is enabled by Configurator Data Link parameter: when Data Link is configured and FMB has a link with the server, paired device can send messages via Blue-tooth SPP profile directly to the server. Messages will be encoded by codec12.
- Inatec Scanner – FM3001 automatically connects to Inateck BT Barcode Scanner BCST-70 and will be ready to receive data (coded in barcode). Scanner must be configured for using “ENTER” as suffix. FM3001 supports online and inventory mode. A new record will be generated on every data portion received from scanner via SPP. Data will be stored with AVL ID 264, variable data length, max length is 32 bytes. Added from FW version 03.16.00.Rev.00+.
|FM3001 supports ONE connection at a time.|
FM3001 can see up to 10 available devices. If there are more than 10 devices, the list may change with each new scan.
External Name parameter works as a substring, which allows user to enter a part of the full external device name. For example, if external device name is "FM3001" and user enters "FM3" in External Name parameter window, then FM3001 will be allowed to connect to an external device named "FM3001".